The ICO Spring of Central & Eastern Europe
Co-founder and Chief Editor,
International Digital News / East West Digital News
A recent research by East-West Digital News and ICObench concluded that while accounting for less than 1% of the global venture market, Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) generates about 20% of ICOs and pre-ICOs in the world; and that Russia, by far the regional leader, accounted for more than 130 ICOs in 2017. Setting the stage for, and business tone of the Summit, Adrien Henni, Co-founder and Chief Editor of International Digital News and lead author of this research will take the audience through key findings, observations, and recommendations.
• Why and how Russia is asserting itself as a formidable player in the global ICO market
• Where do investors in Russian ICOs come from
• How do Russian startups spend the money raised through ICOs
Additional topics WIP TBA
Managing the ICO Opportunities and Threats
Zachary Reece,Managing Partner, BlockTrade Investments
Notwithstanding the positive potential of ICOs, scams are causing disruptive legislation. Zach will share his assessment of the macro and micro economic impact of ICOs around the world; and offer strategies to establish responsible community that can combat ‘bad-actor’ behavior.
• Global trends impacting legislative and regulatory sentiment towards ICOs
• Identifying and combating ICO scams
• Leading ICOs that contribute to establishing responsible global cryptocurrency community
Investor’s Perspectives on Company/Project Governance and “Tokenomics” (Financial Projections, Token/Coin Valuation
Vitaly BelikActing CEO, Soft-Meta
A ‘shiny new object’ rolling up the innovation-adoption ramp, blockchain already draws investor attention and financial resources across markets around the world. Vitaly will offer his perspectives as an individual venture capitalist as well as a corporate venture executive on the economic and financial fundamentals of the various blockchain projects and cryptocurrency assets. He will take us into the uncharted financial modeling of this nascent technology driven by immense innovation and hedging on monumental ecosystem uptake yet short of real world experience of scale and scope.
• What investors are looking for in ICO pitch
• How investors evaluate projects/crypto-assets
• Challenges and struggles to construct and/or evaluate financial and economic prospects for blockchain projects and ICOs
Searching for the Right Funding Strategy - Skolkovo Experience
Vasily Kutsakov, CFAHead of Expertise,
Startup and early stage companies usually have some challenging decisions to make about funding. Vasiliy will walk us through certain best practices that organizations like the Skolkovo Foundation apply when searching for or evaluating incoming project proposals. He will compare and contrast the resource and service-rich foundation vs Venture Capital / Private Equity, ICO, and Crowdfunding strategies, and share his experience leveraging non-repayable grants and microgrants, tax exemptions, acceleration and mentorship, IP protection, R&D and office facilities among other to make projects successful.
• What financial and complementary strategic and operational value startups can receive from foundations like Skolkovo?
• The power of microgrants and seed funding to set startups on a path to success
• Everything considered, is ICO the best strategic fit for your project?
Key Learnings of a Global ICO Service Provider in Japan
Hideki Ehara,CEO AI Innovation
Mr. Ehara will describe his experience thinking through, planning for, and successfully executing his company’s ICO – and listing it on multiple exchanges; and share key learnings of what works and what doesn’t from his leading five other ICOs of companies based in Japan, Hong Kong, and Taiwan. Having subsidiaries in Singapore and Myanmar, Mr. Ehara will explain the company’s expansion plans to other regional markets and how it will be able to serve the global investor community.
• Global ICO production from a service provider perspective
• Early adopter insights to what works and what doesn’t
• Recommendations for ICOs in the pipeline
Disrupting the Publisher - Author Power Play with Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
Prof. Dmitry Kulish, PhD MBAFounder, managing director, Drugdevelopment.ru, ScolTech CEI
Prof. Kulish will share his perspectives on the disruptive effect Blockchain and Cryptocurrency brings to the publishing industry, worldwide. Combining hands-on, real-world global business experience and academic rigor, Prof. Kulish will describe the big publishing houses “this is how we always did it” business and operational model that overpowered them for decades, and opportunities for authors to regain control over marketing, sales channels, and fare share in the success of their
work of art.
• How barriers big publishing houses impose on authors work
• How authors are gaining control over their work of art and away from big publishing monopiles with Blockchain
• Direct-to-Reader business and operational models made possible by Blockchain and Cryptocurrency
How to Establish and Sustain a High Performing Advisory Board
Dr. Alex Kosik, MD PhDSerial Entrepreneur, Mentor, Angel
Having the right players on your ICO Advisory Board is a total ‘must-have’. This is one of the most important, yet least understood hence poorly executed part of ICO/crypto Ecosystem. Most entrepreneurs look for one of these four: access to capital, networking, personal growth and hands-on support yet end up with disengaged and over-subscribed celebrities, friends with irrelevant experience, or outright shysters on board. Those who found their perfect advisors treasure every second of their time and every bit of advice and succeed. Dr. Kosik will provide a master class designed to provide direct answers and clear a lot of apprehension and misconceptions on this key aspect of any ICO.
• What is an ICO Advisory Board – and what makes an advisor qualified for the role?
• What to expect from an advisor – and what to watch out for?
• What would make the experience with your advisors mutually rewarding throughout your ICO venture?
Dr. Ribitzky will kick-off the healthcare, life sciences, and Precision Medicine track of the ICO Summit. He will take the audience on a tour of global uncertainty where trends are replaced by disruptors, horizontal players are changing the vertical game, and innovation flourishes as a result. He will tie all this to Blockchain and ICOs that go beyond traditional domain boundaries and geo-political borders.
• Making strategic innovative decisions on the presumption of unpredictability
• Emerging blockchain patterns in healthcare, life sciences, and Precision Medicine around the world
• What problems blockchainers should also solve in this space
The Synergy between Blockchain and AI in Various Healthcare Delivery Settings
Dr. Dmitry Tsypin, MD MPH
Dr. Tsypin will offer his global perspectives as a clinician, technology innovator, and investor on the synergy between Blockchain and AI in various healthcare delivery settings; and will discuss opportunities to leverage this synergy for bridging gaps between contemporary and emerging provider and payer business and operational models.
• Emerging healthcare business and operational models made possible by AI
• The synergy between AI and Blockchain in healthcare services
• Call to action
Additional topics WIP TBA
CEOs on ICOs: A Reality Check
CEOs who led ICOs in different markets will share, and answer questions from the audience about lessons learned: why they chose to do an ICO, what worked, what did not work, and what they would have done differently.
• Insights to optimizing ICO decisions
• KPIs for ICOs in-progress
• Post ICO strategies
Cross-industry perspectives on Digital Asset Distribution and economics with Blockchain
Dr. Alex Kosik MD (Moderator)Serial Entrepreneur, Mentor, AngelRuslan Guseynov,Strategy Development SoundeonProf. Dmitry Kulish, PhD MBAFounder, managing director, Drugdevelopment.ru, ScolTech CEI
This cross-industry panel of early-adopter entrepreneurs, investors, and practitioners will examine the impact that Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, and ICOs have on a range of IP, Digital Asset, and Digital Rights Management.
• How Blockchain and Cryptocurrency disrupt business and operational models in the Digital Asset Management space
• Opportunities to leverage early adopters experience with Blockchain for Digital Asset Management across industries and market segments
• How to turn vision to strategy and action in the Digital Asset Management with Blockchain
Funding Global Blockchain Projects
by Skolkovo Ventures
Smart Contracts App Store
Global ICO Production
by AI Innovation
ICO Marketing? Don’t start without it
by Verma Media
by International Auto Club
Additional companies WIP TBA
Personal Shopper AI on Blockchain
Changing the Music Industry Pay with Blockchain
Cancer Diagnosis and Precision Medicine on Blockchain
by ARNA Genomics
Turn the Tide Against Global Health Threats with Blockchain
by Nano Vision
Virtual Reality on Blockchain for Medicine and Life Sciences
Trust foods and meds
ICO: FROM STRATEGY TO ACTION
Each session will offer 30’ presentation, 25’ discussion and Q&A, 5’ summary of key-learnings
IS ICO RIGHT FOR YOU?
Co-founder & CEO
● ICO opportunity evaluation tool
● Cryptocurrency type decisions
● Token capitalization principles
● Token lifecycle
● Technology & Smart Contracts considerations
● Managing the ICO from idea to completion
LEGAL AND REGULATORY CONSIDERATIONS OF ICOs
Competencies and Analysis Center, RANEPA
International Lawyer, Researcher
Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation
International Lawyer, director of the “Russia - OECD” club of the Ministry of Economic Development
of the Russian Federation.
● Legal and regulatory review of the crypto-economy around the world
● The evolving Russia’s crypto-economy
● Legal and regulatory guide for ICO entrepreneurs
ICO INVESTOR PITCH
Founder & CEO, R&D Ribitzky
Head of ICO projects at Waves platform
and CMO at Smartz.io platform
● The Roadmap to Return on Adoption
● Key learnings from ICOs around the world
● ICO program metrics
● ICO roadmap and resources
● Putting it all together for investors
The official language is English with simultaneous translation into Russian.
What would ICO Summit be without the energy and ideas of the startups that have settled here – and the ones who hope to come?
In the grand finale the top ten startups will compete against each other, pitching live before the audience and jury with the winner taking home prize money worth $10,000.
The ICO Summit Kazan agenda includes the final pitching session for 10 startups.Our competition's jury consists of leading researchers, developers, lawyers and entrepreneurs.
Moderator: Jury panel Chairwoman:
Dr. Alex Kosik, MD PhDSerial Entrepreneur, Mentor, Angel, USALorna BlountChief Growth Officer, Verma Media, UK
Dr. Ron Ribitzky, MD,Founder & CEO, R&D Ribitzky, USAHideki EharaCEO, AI Innovation Japan, JapanProf. Dmitry Kulish, PhD MBAFounder, managing director, Drugdevelopment.ru, ScolTech CEI, RussiaVitaly BelikActing CEO, Soft-Meta, RussiaPavel Korolevfounder partner and CEO of Pulsar Venture CapitalTemir AlimovSkolkovo Biomed mentor specialized in marketingand international business development,
HealthCare AcceleratorDr. Dmitry Tsypin,
MD MPH, RussiaZachary ReeceManaging Partner,
BlockTrade Investments, USAVasily Kutsakov, CFAHead of Expertise,
Skolkovo Foundation, Russia
The official language is English with simultaneous translation into Russian.
Orenburgskii trakt, 138, build.9
Kazan, Republic of Tatarstan
+7 (843) 237-84-69
© 2018 ICO KAZAN SUMMIT
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
NO PART OF THIS WEBSITE/DOCUMENT
MAY BE REPRODUCED OR TRANSMITTED
IN ANY FORM OR BY ANY MEANS WITHOUT THE PRIOR WRITTEN PERMISSION.